The secret on how to make a perfect margarita is in its simplicity and the perfect ratio. It’s simple and uses only 3 ingredients.
- Lime juice
Did you know that a classic margarita doesn’t even use added sugar?
The best tequila for margaritas
Tequila is the base on how to make a perfect margarita. But how do you pick which one to use? The best tequila is originates from Mexico. But wherever it comes from, look for the words 100% agave on the inggredient label. If they aren’t 100% agave, the tequila might also include corn syrup, sugar, artificial flavors or colors.
Most bartenders say tequila blanco is best for making the perfect margaritas. But tequila reposado also works like a charm.
Lets get into the Recipe
- 2 ounces tequila made from 100 percent agave, preferably reposado or blanco
- 1 ounce Cointreau
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- Salt for garnish
- Cut a notch in a lime wedge, then run the lime around the rim of a glass. Dip the edge of the rim into a plate of flaky sea salt.
- Place all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with 4 ice cubes and shake until cold.
- Strain the margarita into the glass with the salted rim. Fill the glass with ice and serve.